Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sunny Days

     Let me start out by welcoming my followers, thank you so much for your support. I also would like to thank everyone for your kind comments on the blog.

     These two cards are for the challenge over at www.thecricutchirp.com "A Smiling Sparkling Sun" and the July OWH challenge.  I hope you enjoy them and hopefully get a little inspiration from them.  If I can find the time I will get another one up for the "A Smiling Sparkling Sun" that I can also enter in the challenge over at www.Cardztv.blogspot.com. Please feel free to leave comments and take ideas, that is what this blog is all about.  Enjoy the rest of your week.



 This card was made using the cricut cartridges "Everyday Paper Dolls" for the dog,  "Country Life" for the landscape. I used the cricut craft room and cut the dog out three times using the hide, contour button on the bottom layer taking out all the detail marks, and cut the head off for the top layer to give him dimension. I also used the hide, contour button on the top layer of the landscape. For some texture I used the Sizzix embossing folder "Plaid" on the very back green layer. I just loved the expression on the dogs face he looks so happy with himself, reminds me of my little dog "tiger" he is a Shitzu we got from a rescue group that is our "little sunshine".




     I just love this little stamp, I will find out exactly what company it is made by and let you know. I did stamp the image twice just so I could cut out his nose for dimension. and colored hem using the Gamsol tech. along with a pink SU marker for the udder. This card makes me smile I hope it has the same effect on you.  I am sending out a package today or tomorrow for OWH with about 75 cards in it and I made this card in multiples just because I thought it was so darn cute.  I would encourage everyone to visit the OWH site and get involved.

2 comments :

  1. This card is AMAZING and by far one of my favorite. Where to start!!?!? I love the embosing first of all because it give the card an extra bit of dimension and is really visually appealing. The face on the dog is adorable ad well as the cute little newspaper. I love the cut from Country Life as it makes an excellent background on the card. This is a great piece of art. Thanks for joining the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh and I noticed this is for OWH so you can enter this card into the Operation Write Home Challenge at www.scraphappypapercrafter.com as well.

    ReplyDelete