Friday, June 28, 2013

Adventure Time

     It has been quite a long time since I posted anything, so sorry my son was getting married and we had a lot of planning and preparation for the big event. But I am back and have hopefully a lot of neat stuff to share with you. These are a few cards I did recently and I thought I would share them with you.

     For this card I used glossy paper for the background and heat embossed the spaceship, then with a large brush stippled the blue background. The Astronaught was cut out using Cricut Cartridge "Life's a Party" at 3 1/2 inches. The stars are brads.This is what I call an OUT OF THIS WORLD birthday card.
 
    
 
 
     On this card I used heat embossing with clear powder on the background paper, and the small purple fish are once again brads.  For the mermaids hair first I flocked it and then ran it through the cuttlebug with the (Darcie "Swirl") embossing folder. the blue background was also put through the cuttlebug and I use the (cuttlebug folder "Cricut Companion-Give a Hoot") The flowers I embellished with a flower brad and a rhinestone. The mermaid is from "Life is a Beach" and is cut at 4 inches. This one I call BEAUTY OF THE SEA note card.
 
 
 
 
     On this card I had a cute button the treasure chest I had been waiting to use, and I also got the mesh paper from something they used to wrap up some glasses I bought at a store, I just love the net effect.  I cut the skull and crossbones out from "Life is a Beach" at 3 1/2 inches and sponged the edges. I cut the whole image out twice and with scissors cut the bones away from the head and used pop dots for even more dimension. I call this one A PIRATES BIRTHDAY BOUNTY.
 
 

 
  
 

No comments :

Post a Comment